Permission denied when predicate set for collection, but works when boolean true

@Luigi_Servini It said role already exists, so I ran the following instead:

Update(Role("User"), {
  name: 'User',
  privileges: [
    {
      resource: Function("NewPost"),
      actions: { call: true }
    },
    {
      resource: Collection("posts"),
      actions: {
        read: true,
        write: false,
        create: Query(Lambda("values", Equals(Identity(), Select(["data", "author"], Var("values"))))),
        delete: false,
        history_read: false,
        history_write: false,
        unrestricted_read: false
      }
    }
  ],
  membership: { resource: Collection("users") } 
})

I still get the same thing

> Call("NewPost")
Error: call error
{
  errors: [
    {
      position: [],
      code: 'call error',
      description: 'Calling the function resulted in an error.',
      cause: [
        {
          position: [
            'expr',
            'in',
            'create'
          ],
          code: 'permission denied',
          description: 'Insufficient privileges to perform the action.'
        }
      ]
    }
  ]
}

In hopes of creating a good minimal reproducible example (and also because I used the post example, mine is a bit different) I removed some other permissions, so now I can’t even Get(Identity()), so I took the liberty to add this:

{
        resource: Collection("users"),
        actions: {
            read: Query(Lambda("ref", Equals(Identity(), Var("ref"))))
        }
    },

It didn’t fix it but now I can verify that for a post (that I created when I set the read to true when I made sure the predicate was the problem) the predicate should be working:

Equals(Identity(), Select(["data", "author"], Get(Ref(Collection("posts"), "271285137980785159"))))
true

If I were to bet, since I’m a beginner, I don’t want to jump to conclusions of grandeur bugs, I probably do some basic stuff wrong that’s taken for granted that everyone does that I don’t :crossed_fingers:.

Is there a way to debug the predicate function to maybe return the Var("values")? Maybe it’s something else, or maybe the function throws some error, that can’t be seen?

I also tried regenerating the secret for the user, cause I thought maybe it doesn’t update existing tokens, but it didn’t help.