Simplify Paginate .after/.before Cursors

I am running into a lot of complexity in passing cursors back to fauna for complicated, multi-field indexes.

According to: Paginate :: Fauna Documentation

Cursor
A cursor is an object used as a marker to indicate a position within a set. The cursor has a structure identical to the associated index’s values field; the same fields with the same types, in the same order.

However, the next line:

Cursor matching is prefix-based. That means that if your index contains two or more fields, you only need to specify the first field to achieve a match. You may have to specify additional fields if there are multiple index entries that would match the first field.

I was thrown off because my client was only giving me 2022-06-25T02:34:34.311362Z which I then had to spend quite to a while to realize it needed to be typed correctly with Time("2022-06-25T02:34:34.311362Z")

As I have read and understood the documents, it is not clear there is any good reason to be able to specify individual fields of a cursor in .after and .before and if there is a good reason, then it should be documented. As it is documented now, it is unnecessary complexity.

Whether there is good reason for the above, or not I believe the primary way someone should specify the next page aka .after/.before for a cursor should be with a cursorId so that one string can be sent and the next page of the cursor comes back guaranteed without having to worry about if you included all necessary index fields, or if they are typed correctly.

Thank you