Data locality (Single region database)

What if my database needs only to be in one region? In my case, I want it to be in ap-southeast-1 (Singapore), it’s the nearest one to my country.

Great to know! Hopefully it will be available soon. Is that a target for this year?

I’m not able to comment on timelines, unfortunately.

Can you say if pricing will be different depending on the location data is stored?

Hello,

Loving FaunaDB, was wondering if you had an rough estimate on when data locality is sitting in the roadmap, is it something that would be able to be released this year?

1 Like

Hello @aprilmintacpineda, @lu-zen, and @craig-bpr,

As you may have seen in the announcements section of the forum, we’ve released Region Groups are now live and fully available for use. We plan to add new Region Groups around the globe which will reduce the latency between your client and the Fauna service. @aprilmintacpineda there will be an a Region Group servicing South Asia, which will likely be the Group best suited to your needs. I expect that this Region Group will be available early next year.

Lu-Zen and Craig would either of the existing EU and US Region Groups suite your needs? Or is there another area of the globe that is particularly important to you?

1 Like

Hi Bryan,

The problem I see with Fauna is that all the infrastructure is currently hosted in the northern hemisphere. That doesn’t suit a lot of businesses in Australia (like ours) or south-east Asia.

1 Like

Hi @JoshBirchal. Thanks for your comment. We certainly understand how important having Region Groups across the globe, especially for our growing number of users in Australian and South America. We planning to expand the set of Region Groups in the future, so please stay tuned for updates.

We recently introduced Virtual Private Fauna: a Single-tenant, serverless database running across your choice of geo and cloud provider. Please check out the details here. Reach out to us if you have any questions about VPF and the team will be happy to help

1 Like