Numeric Data Type with Arbitrary Precision

I’ve looked over the documentation and although it points to the conclusion that 64-bit ints and floats are the max size numeric types available in FaunaDB, I just wanted to confirm here that that’s the case. Is there an arbitrary precision numeric type being considered, or on the roadmap? If the answer is no to both questions, I guess the workaround would be to stringify my numbers and then process them externally in a language that can deal with such numeric types, like Python? Also, if I were to store numbers in floating-point form, do the built-in numeric functions give correct answers or do they need to be rounded off? For example, 0.1 + 0.2 = 0.30000000000000004.

Your conclusions are accurate: we do not offer arbitrary precision maths. We do have longs and doubles. The maths on doubles is ieee, we don’t do anything special there. As far as I know there are no plans to add such numbers, but there is no technical reason why we couldn’t. I’m not sure what the best way to lobby for that is.