When will partial-update-mutation stop being preview mode?

It has been a while since partial-update-mutation started as preview mode. I wonder when will it be part of the stable API since I use it a lot.

2 Likes

Partial update should be the default. At least, I don’t see any reason to require all fields for update mutations.

1 Like

I wonder why partial update isn’t implemented by default. Update function in FQL is, by default, doing a “partial update”, so I don’t see any reasons why fauna will have a hard time implementing this when the underlying FQL already supports it.

@ptpaterson tagging you in, maybe you have some insights about this? This was one year ago.

1 Like

We are excited to announce that Partial Updates are now generally available (GA) in our GraphQL API. Partial Updates enhances how Fauna automatically resolves CRUD operations on objects in your GraphQL Schema by adding a new set of mutation types that allow you to optionally update your choice of one or more fields in your object types. Before partial update mutations, the update mutation generated by Fauna required you to update all required fields even when your intention was to update only one. This improvement eliminates the tedium and potential for human error involved with making otherwise unnecessary multi-field updates. Check out our documentation for more details on this feature.

4 Likes