ARM docker image

Please release a native ARM docker image of fauna so developers with ARM-based computers can dev against fauna locally, without needing a network connection to the service (and using up quota).

Currently, local development against fauna is unusable on ARM-based dev machines. I have a Mac with Apple Silicon and the only way to run fauna currently is using the x64 docker image and running with the “–platform linux/amd64” flag.

When I tried using the amd64 emulation flag, I had to restart the container many times before it finally launched successfully, and eventually it has more errors and needed to be restarted (see screenshot). I think maybe rosetta has some bugs around emulating amd64 docker images or an issue with emulating JVM, not sure. Either way it’s not actually that usable.

If ARM dev machines keep growing in popularity (which is where Apple is heading and hopefully PC makers as well), then please consider making a native ARM docker image for fauna. Not only would it be more reliable to dev against but also better perf and battery life to dev against

Thank you for the feature request! This is not an item on our roadmap yet, but we might reconsider if we get enough community requests.