Pricing Help

Hi All,

I have a query regarding UDFs and API pricing. I’m just learning FQL so sorry if this question isn’t explained well.

There is this example in the documentation

Map(

[ 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ],

Lambda(

"number",

Add(1, Var(“number”))

)

)

From what I gather this means the Lambda part will call the Add function 5 times, once for each of the items in the array. So in terms of UDF and API pricing how is this charged. How many TROs and TCOs is this priced at. I guess I’m wondering is if an FQL hit a collection that had 1 million documents and performed a lambda on each document is that 1 million TROs and 1 million TCOs.

Trying to get my head around what costs are involved in our planned system.

Thanks

1 Like

As stated in the pricing tab on Fauna: ‘an API call that contains up to 50 function calls requires one TCO’. I’m not sure if Lambda and Add functions here are counted separately or together, but I am sure that the example you have given would take up just one TCO and TRO.

I’m not convinced. I did practically nothing in my test database yesterday yet there is quite a few TCOs and TROs reported for yesterday. I’d just like to know what we are paying for before we develop and get slugged with charges.

Is there a way to run an FQL statement and see the TCOs and TROs used for that FQL?

Well, here I have evidence that this does not only happen to me. @Jay-Fauna

@MMJM Have a look at this post: My dashboard tells me that I've made 10,000+ read operations in the shell / playground

@MMJM You could run a query in WebShell and check the usage. Below is an example. Look for (byteReadOps, byteWriteOps, computeOps). You can find more info here too.

I am doing an audit of @vxern usage. I could do the same for yours.

@Jay-Fauna Thanks that is exactly the stat I was looking for. I’ll run some FQL now and see what it reports.

@vxern I’ll keep an eye on that post for an explanation. Thanks