Cannot assign name to key

I use the dashboard often to create keys and also to revoke them as required. The names are a very helpful part of this process – helping me actually select the appropriate key to revoke.

At some point, though, Fauna stopped saving the names. Is this a bug, or are names for the key being deprecated? Without them, I am basically trying to remember the order in which they were issued. If it needs to stay this way, I will end up probably with a spread sheet of key ID : name pairs.

I’ve tried to use the dashboard, the cloud shell, and writing a JS script to create keys. I’ve tried on multiple databases. I have also tried to Update a key with a name, but that doesn’t work either.

Here is me trying different things today since I noticed.

We have a ticket to fix this issue by displaying Key Name and Key ID as two separate columns.

That is helpful!

However, to clarify, my keys simply do not have any names to display! This is not a dashboard bug, but something else.

This is shell output just now. You can see that no name is visible. However, I can query other keys that do have names, and see those names appear in the document results.

CreateKey({
  role: 'admin',
  name: 'test name'
})

{
  ref: Key("269133124083909120"),
  ts: 1592924198150000,
  role: "admin",
  secret: "MY_SECRET",
  hashed_secret: "HASHED_SECRET"
}

>> Time elapsed: 154ms

Update(
  Ref(Keys(), '269133124083909120'),
  {
    name: 'test name 2'
  }
)

{
  ref: Key("269133124083909120"),
  ts: 1592924241410000,
  role: "admin",
  hashed_secret: "HASHED_SECRET"
}

>> Time elapsed: 251ms

1 Like

@ptpaterson This issue is fixed now. Thanks again for reporting it.

1 Like

Thanks @Jay-Fauna for getting back on this thread!