Eventually consistent replication for fast writes globally

I really enjoy using fauna as a strongly consistent global db (classic region group), since I can essentially treat it as a traditional single-region db and not worry about eventual consistency at all, while enjoying good read latency across the globe.

However, this comes at a cost in terms of write latency, usually on the order of ~200ms in my experience. This is acceptable for a lot of use cases, but not every use case.

Using a less distributed region group reduces write latency for a particular region, but obviously it also makes things worse for users in other regions.

Currently, I’m exploring a bunch of other solutions such as Cloudflare Workers KV, Dynamo Global Tables, CosmosDB, Macrometa, etc, for these write-latency sensitive use cases that could tolerate eventual consistency, but I would love to be able to use fauna for them instead.

Is this being considered? Am I the only one who would find this useful? Is it even feasible at all for Fauna’s architecture?

Would love to hear people’s thoughts!

We are not planning to offer lower data isolation levels in the foreseeable future. We can collaborate with you on addressing/improving the write latency, so feel free to repost it as a Help topic.